Monday 29 June 2015

Ryan Newby Unit 6 Assignment 3

•What went well?
In my session the things that went well where that everyone was moving and keeping active as it was a cold day. Firstly they was all listening so the session started quickly and they wasn't standing in the cold. After the warm up and me telling them what they will need to do in the first drill they started off slowly but then gradually got faster. They then started to play with one touch which made the session faster, minutes later I added a second ball and the session was even better because they was moving more and had to think what will happen after they passed the ball. The players had to run quicker because the second ball was introduced and then they enjoyed it more because they didn't have to wait for their next turn.

In the second drill I created a passing session where you would pass then receive the ball this was good for the group as it was a cold day and they was always moving. In the drill they passed and received the ball then set the ball to the person who was on the furthest who dribbled through cones. The drill went so I added a second ball to make the drill even quicker.

•What would you change?

The things that I would change in my coaching session is that I wouldn't give the group mints also not to have a drink in my hand while coaching the drill. Other than that I believe that the session went well and that I wouldn't need to change anything else.

•How did the pupils behave?

The pupils behaved very well and I believe this was because they was all taking part in the drill so they had no room to misbehave.


•Did you communicate clearly with your group?

As this was my first time taking a coaching session so I was nervous however I believe I communicated clearly with my group I understand this because the group didn't need to ask any questions so I take this as that I communicated clearly with my group. My teacher also said I communicated well with my group because I was commenting on what they was doing well throughout the session also after the drill I said to the group that they all worked well.

•How could your drills have been improved?

My drills could have been improved by having  taller cones this would have improved my drill because by having taller cones the players would need to make sure they worked round the cone and didn't knock it over.

Feedback students

I asked all of the students that I coached to give me feed back I gave them a feedback sheet and the responses that I got was that they would have liked to do a shooting drill however I was asked to create a passing drill. The other feedback was that they was cold when I was making my second drill I could of helped this by creating a small running drill they could do while I was making the second drill.

Feedback from teacher

The feedback that my teacher gave me was that I could have demonstrated the drill better also that when talking I could have been louder. I will improve this by making my demonstration clear next time also I will talk louder, I believe that the reason why I was slightly quite was because it was my first time taking a coaching session and next time I will be more confident when communicating.

Qualities and attributes

The qualities and attributes that I had when taking the drill was equality, organisation of equipment and knowledge. 

When I was taking the drill one of my targets was to make everyone equal. I done this by including everyone and talking to everyone.

Development plan for future

To improve my skills as a leader I will need to take more sessions. By taking more of the coaching session I will gain a lot of confidence because I will be talking to many people on a daily basic and this will improve my confidence when talking to people. Another way I can improve as a coach is by watching another coach, by watching another coach I will be able to takes notes of what they do well and how the pupils respond to them. This will improve my coaching skills because I will adapt the way I coach the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment