Monday 8 June 2015

Chloe Prior unit 2 assignment 3

Netball

Skills
Shot
Pivot
Good
                  -
Average
-           
Poor

Shot
My shot in netball was average even though I had made a few mistakes of the ball hitting the backboard. This is one of my weaknesses of shooting the ball into the net and in this circumstance if it was a real life game as a player I may have lost points for my team, so it takes a lot of practise in getting the ball into the net nicely with no hesitation. My strengths for my shot was that in the last attempt to get the ball into the hop I had bent my legs to bent my arms before I had released the ball.

Pivot 
My strengths for my shot was that, when I received the ball I made sure that my arms were stretched out long enough to catch the ball and to then chess pass the ball into the net with no hesitation and this helped me gain power getting the ball into the net. My areas for improvements is that when I was shooting he ball I had moved both of my feet when I should have only moved one.

In a professional netball game an average shot in shooting is to prepare yourself, either in a short amount of time or a time when it is right to shot. In doing so you need to be ready and making sure that you are in the ‘D’ (semi circle) and positioning your body towards the net aiming for the best shoot. Then holding the ball with one hand and with the other hand supporting the ball with both arms reached out above your head with arms slightly bent to gain the power from your arms to shot. Keeping all eyes on the ball, bend your knees and elbows as your straighten up when you release the ball and push upwards towards the net releasing the ball.
To do a poor shot in netball the player has to be a player who is not in the zone and is not ready to think on the spot in time to shot. This mistake can cause a lot of issues in he game if many members are like this. In terms on a poor shot in netball, the player may not have their legs and arms bent when releasing the ball and does not have focus on the ball when aiming for the net and one mistake they could make is not being in the semi circle where they can shot if they have the chance.

An average pivot in netball is important to make sure that the players foot remain in the position that they caught the ball in and making sure that one foot only turns 90 degrees and shots. A poor pivot is when the player/s turn with both feet instead of one and this can affect the aim of shooting for the player.

Volleyball

Skills
Roof
Smash
Serve shot
Dig
Set shot
Good
          -
             -
Average
Poor
           -
            -
              -
 

Roof
My strengths for this technique is that I had raised my hands before the ball had even came my way, but my weakness in this was that I did not jump high enough as the ball had slightly skimmed the net and in a real game I would have lost points and the other team would have got my point.

Smash
My strengths for my smash was that my knees were bent low enough when I caught the ball and this helped me gain more power when jumping to hit the ball. To improve my smash next time I need to jump much more higher as my knees were bent quite low so jumping slightly more higher would help.

Serve Shot
A strength in this technique is that the ball had gone over the net but to improve the serve shot and making sure that the ball goes higher over the net is to stand more in the court and a little bit further away from the net so that I can make sure that I bend my knees and jump higher to get the ball more over in the other court.

Dig
My strengths is that I had my arms in the position that they needed to be to dig the ball and this lets my team member know that I am ready to receive the ball.
Areas for improvement is I should have bent my knees more and kept my legs together again to gain more power in digging the ball.

Set Shot
To improve I would need to bend my knees more, but my strengths in this technique is that I had my hands raised high above my head.

An average roof in volleyball is to make sure that the player is within the court and is fairly close to the net. The player needs to make sure that they bend their knees and have their hands at the ready so when the ball does come in their court they are ready to roof it over the net to the other players court.
A poor roof in volleyball is when they player does not bend their knees at all and just hits the ball into the other members of the court, and this could potentially lose points.
An average smash in volleyball is bending your knees and arms when receiving the ball. A poor smash would be the mistake of not bending your arms and knees to gain full power on the ball.
To do an average serve shot a player needs to have good communication with their players around the court to pass to each other and to then serve the ball over into the next court. A poor serve shot in volleyball is when there is no communication between the team members and when there is only one member who is constantly serving the ball into the next court. To do an average dig in volleyball the players need to make sure that their arms and hands are in front of them and that their hands are place out in front of them on top to dig the ball and when they dig the ball their knees should be bent. A poor dig in volleyball is when the players do not have their hands in the correct position and then that limits them to do a good dig. A good set shot in volleyball is being ready for the ball and to make sure that you bend your knees. A poor set shot is again not bending you knees to hit the ball over your head.

How can I improve?

Volleyball:

The execution of all of the basic shots need to be improved particluarly in competitive situations. I can often perform the skills reasonably well in isolation but tend to lose a bit of quality when under pressure. I need to perfect the skills in isolation and then gradually introduce some kind of competitive element to each practice. This could take the form of time limits or adding an opponent to the drill.

Basic Set Drill:



Basic Dig Drill:



My cardio fitness is good but my agility could be better. This is a key part of volleyball as it is essential to change direction on the court to reach the ball. I could improve this area of fitness by completing a series of interval tarining sessions. I must ensure that these series of sprints are not just in straight lines though as this would only improve speed. I should also use agility ladders which will also help quicken my feet and hopefully improve my agility in games.

Netball:

My shooting is quite poor. Whilst this is not an essential part of my game as I do not need to shoot from the position I play (WA) I think that it is something I'd like to improve. I should ensure that competitive practice happens on a regulation height post. I should also add a competitive element to my shooting drills. For instance, I can set goals such as, take a break after 20 goals or only take a break once I have score 5 on the trot. I could also add an opponent to the shooting drill to make the practise more like what I would have to face in an actual match.

In terms of fitness, I could improve my speed over the court. This can be done using interval training. I could set up a series of 20m sprints and take a break between each sprint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment